Christian leaders, singers and people of faith took to their social networks and pulpits to express their grief and prayers for the victims of Newtown, Connecticut.
Last week, Sandy Hook Elementary was transformed from a place of learning to a scene that saw 28 elementary school students and teachers massacred by a deranged 20 year old killer.
The killer Adam Lanza, 20, wielded several semi-automatic weapons to senselessly gun-down his victims. The suspect then turned the gun on his self and ended his life.
The nation now searches for answers as mass killings in school become all too common. The following messages of faith and healing come from a variety of spiritual leaders, entertainers and people of faith:
– “May God bless and keep those we lost in his heavenly place. May He grace those we still have with His holy comfort. And may He bless and watch over this community and the United States of America,” – President Barack Obama
– “Senseless killings like the one we’ve seen today in Newtown, Conn., leave us stunned and looking for answers. The Bible tells us the human heart is ‘wicked’ and ‘who can know it?’ My heart aches for the victims, their families and the entire community,” -Franklin Graham
– Erica & Tina @therealmarymary
Lord God please comfort the parents & families and the city of Newtown CT in the face if this heart breaking tragedy..
– Natalie Grant @NatalieGrant
The more I read about this unspeakable tragedy in Connecticut, I can barely breathe. have mercy Lord.
– BrianCourtneyWilson @BCourtneyWilson
Praying for the families affected by the shooting in Conneticut
– Pastor John P Kee @Keetwit
Just finished a CBS Interview! “I understand our 2nd Amendment rights to have & bare arms but we must began the conversation on Gun Control”
– StevenChapman @StevenCurtis
No words, just unspeakable sadness, heavy heart, tears & prayers for families in Sandy Hook.
– Yolanda Adams @Yolandalive
He heals the broken hearts and binds up their sorrows.
– Chris Tomlin @christomlin
I join all of you in praying for the families of this senseless tragedy. I am heartbroken, angry and devastated. Can’t imagine.
– Amy Grant @amygrant
So much sadness in Newtown, CT. My heart feels squeezed. Praying for all the families…..
– Lecrae @lecrae
Six & seven year-olds gunned down like animals is so frustrating & painful. It pushes me toward God not away
– Fred Hammond @RealFredHammond
Saw pic of the first child to be buried from the Sandy brook shooting. 6 year old Noah Posner. To see his pic on TV hurts my heart.
– Andrea Helms @helmsandrea
Praying for the families of Connecticut. Cover your families with the blood of Jesus and pray their protection everyday!
– Vickie Winans @vickiewinans
WHY???? Just WHY???? “Even now come Lord Jesus!” This is a REALLY ROUGH ONE! I can’t stop crying and Lord President Obama cried like a baby!
– Mali Music @MaliMusic
…praying for the families involved and affected by the elementary school shooting.. Many are lost, that’s why we pray. ..man.
– Tye Tribbett @TyeTribbett
My heart is so broken over this tragedy n CT. Lord send comfort n peace!
– Tedashii @Tedashii
My prayers are with them all.
– Marvin L. Sapp @marvinsapp
Prayers for the victims families in Connecticut
– Mandisa @mandisaofficial
Got off the bus & saw about the #CTshooting. Praying Is. 66:12 over CT. “God’s message: As a mother comforts her child,so I’ll comfort you.”
A Prayer Tribute to the Victims of The Newtown School Shooting from sharethemessage on GodTube.
What a tragedy. We’re praying for all those affected by this senseless killing. Let it be a way to pull our nation closer together, and put more focus on our children.