Preachers of LA spinoff “Preachers of Detroit” showcases the unique perspective of men and women of God in their places of faith as well as throughout their lives outside of the church. From the challenges of being a woman bishop in a field that is dominated by men, to keeping faith alive in a city that has faced tremendous hardship; these pastors are strong and resilient individuals who are not afraid to push boundaries in their communities.
The show is sure to stir up even more controversy as it features women preachers leading ministry for the first time in the reality shows brief history.
The pastors who’ll be featured include:
- Bishop Charles Ellis, senior pastor of Greater Grace Temple in Detroit, the site of numerous important gatherings like the funeral of civil rights icon Rosa Parks
- Pastor David Bullock of Greater St. Matthew Baptist Church in Highland Park, an activist and past candidate for city council
- Bishop Corletta Vaughn of Go Tell It Evangelistic Ministry Worldwide, who’s broken down barriers for women of faith
- Pastor Tim Alden, a Detroit native based in Los Angeles who’s inspired to start a pop-up church in his hometown
- Evangelist Dorinda Clark-Cole, a Grammy winner who’s part of the famous gospel group the Clark Sisters and an administrator at the Greater Emmanuel Institutional Church of God in Christ in Detroit
- Bishop-Elect Clarence Langston, founder of Word in Action Christian Center in Detroit
- Pastor Don William Shelby Jr. of Burning Bush International Ministries Church of God in Christ in Ypsilanti.
Houston and New York casts are yet to be determined. The new show is set to premiere February 18, 2014 on Oxygen. CLICK HERE to view trailer